You probably have an old bike in the basement or a few bikes your kids have outgrown. Put them to good use! If you need them, here are 7 Reasons to Donate!. After you donate your bike, Roll It Forward will repair it and match it up with someone who can use it.
Special note! Landry’s Bicycles will be hosting a month-long bike drive in December at their Boston, Natick, Norwood, and Westwood stores. They will include a $10 gift certificate for donations, and are hosting a meet and greet for donors.
- Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS) full service bike-shops (offer 20% off one full-price item OR 20% off any bike service!)
- Boston/Allston: 1041 Commonwealth Avenue, (617) 254‑4250
- Cambridge: Harvard Square, 1 Brattle Square, (617) 864‑2061
- Hingham: 6 Shipyard Drive, (781) 741‑8808
- Newton: 300 Needham Street, (617) 559‑1575
- Belmont Wheelworks : 480 Trapelo Road, Belmont (617) 489‑3577
- Landry’s Bicycles — Natick: 790 Worcester St, Natick, (508) 655‑1990
- Dedham Bike: 403 Washington St, Dedham Square, (781) 326‑1531
- Giant Cycling World-Boston/The Fenway*: 11 Kilmarnock, (617) 424‑6400
*offers 10% off toward the purchase of a new bike!
- Back Bay Bicycles — Boston/Back Bay: 366 Commonwealth Ave (corner of Mass Ave), (617) 247‑2336
- JRA Cycles — Medford: 229 Salem St, Medford, (781) 391‑3636
- Seaside Cycles — Manchester-by-the-Sea: 23 Elm St, Manchester, (978)526‑1200
- Sudbury Residents: You can take your bike directly to the town recycling center and request that it be donated to our program. Sudbury Recycling and Refuse Center, 20 Boston Post Road, Sudbury MA 01776, (978) 443‑2209 x 1221
3. Optionally, request a reward claim form: While supplies last, Boston Bikes will send you a jersey/t-shirt (size dependent) OR a Perfect Fuel Chocolate Gift Pack in thanks for your donation. From Dec 1– Mar 15, 2014, you will also be entered into a raffle for a $50 L.L. Bean gift certificate! To be eligible, request a claim form by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and bring the claim form with you to the drop off location so they can sign it.
4. Bring your bike in to any of the above locations and let them know it is for Roll it Forward. They’ll receive it and some shops even offer customers a thank-you coupon for bike donations.
Thank you for your donation; though logistically impossible, we wish every donor could see the contagious joy and huge smile of the person who receives their bikes!
Want to do even more to support Boston Bikes? Host a bike drive!
Corporations, small businesses, civic groups, schools, faith communities, and scout groups looking to make a big difference are perfect matches for hosting a bike drive. The group plans and promotes the event in their community and then collects bikes in a one-day event. Boston Bikes supports groups by providing support, promoting, attending the event, and transporting the bikes.
To learn more and to find some helpful tools: